This stage leads far away from the traffic over gentle hills through a lovely, but almost treeless landscape. We pass through small villages with medieval character. The most
important places are called Hornillos del Camino and Hontanas. In the distance we see countless windmills.
We reach the ruins of the monastery of San Anton, founded in the 12th century as a pilgrim hospital.
Am Eingang von Castrojeriz, einem der längsten Orte am Weg, steht die Klosteranlage Santa Maria del Manzano aus dem 11.-13. Jh.
- The Gothic parish church of San Roman from the 16th century.
- Pilgrim hostel Hontanas
- On the long allée to the ruin of 'San Anton
- San Anton Monastery Ruins
- Vreni and Gerhard in San Anton
- on the way to Castrojeriz
- Santa Maria del Manzano
- Monastery Santa Maria del Manzano, 11.-13. century
- St. James in Castrojeriz
Photos: Gerhard, Rosmarie