In keeping with Romanesque tradition, the church is oriented towards the east. It consists of two parts, a rectangular choir without an apse on the eastern side and a short, wide nave from the 12th century.
The peculiar shape of the church tower is the result of several reconstructions of the original fortified tower.
The nave was built after 1167. The four side chapels date from the 15th and 16th centuries.
The Romanesque portal has been renovated, straightening out the mystery of the 900-year-old unbalanced jagged pattern. (Photos from 2017 and 1999)
A view into the church
This statue of the Madonna is located in the rectangular choir on the left side.
The striking tower and a lion's head on the north-eastern outer wall
We have also found the ever-present Curé of Ars - on the way up to the gallery!
Photos: Gerhard Eichinger