The village Ober Sankt Veit, our Vienna domicile
St. Veit was first mentioned in a document in 1195, when a Viennese citizen named Wergand took part in the 3rd crusade and lent his vineyard for this purpose. Witnesses of the transaction are Albertus and Ernst de Sancto Vito (St. Vito), as well as Erchenkret von Hekkin(g) and Marquard von Hütteldorf.
Ober St. Veit was united with Unter St. Veit and a number of other places with Vienna on 19 December 1890.
St. Veit (Vitus) is a martyr who, since he did not want to give up the faith, was murdered as a 12-year-old around 304 in southern Italy. He belongs to the 14 helpers in need and is the patron saint of pharmacists, miners, brewers and innkeepers, coopers and winegrowers. He was called upon to help with epilepsy (St. Vitus' dance), hysteria, obsession, rabies, snake bites, lightning and storms. His attributes are: in the oil boiler, eagle, raven, cock, dog on a leash.
Some pictures of the old village centre Ober St. Veit. See also under
Firmiangasse, named after Leopold Maximilian Count von Firmian. He lived 1766 - 1831, was archbishop of Vienna and established a
Glasauergasse / Firmiangasse
The Glasauergasse is named after the mayor of St. Veit, Karl Glasauer (1819 - 1874). It was previously called "the Bauernzeil".
Sommerergasse. Until 1894 it was called Brunnengasse
The narrow Sommerergasse
From the Heurigen (wine tavern) "Old wine hut" in the Hietzinger Hauptstrasse the event restaurant "Bunt" has become.
Not quite up-to-date picture of Wolfrathplatz with the 158 tramway.
Station announcement U4 until 2013