After a morning tune-up, we marched away from the cathedral towards the south.
On a lot of asphalt, the route leads through suburbs out of the city ...
... to Mechtersheim.
We walk past the Catholic St. Laurentius Church to the Protestant Peace Church, where we are expected.
The Friedenskirche was built between 1877 and 1879 in a mixed style between neo-Gothic and neo-Romanesque. After its destruction in 1944, a baroque hall was rebuilt from 1949 to 1952.
Across wide plains - in between on gravel paths - ...
... we reach Lingenfeld and are hit by a heavy rain front. Therefore, there are no photos until we reach our destination Germersheim.
Our hostel, the Hotel Post in Germersheim
After the rain, the sun is shining again - time for a little tour of Germersheim.
The Church of St James
There is a St. James fountain in front of the church of St. James.
This is how the simple interior of the Church of St. James in Germersheim presents itself.
The crypt was only recently discovered when something in the floor collapsed during construction work.
On the left in the choir room is a statue of St James, which was previously a statue of St John.
The inscription on the sundial at the old town hall reads:
One of these will also be yours.
The stone at the Rebstöckl inn indicates a long history.
The Protestant Church
Here the Way of St. James leads out of Germersheim.