After an extensive breakfast in the monastery we walk up the Traun river again (picture above).
The baroque church of Stadl-Paura ("Parish and pilgrimage church of the Holy Trinity") shines in its newly renovated splendour on the other bank of the Traun. It was built in the years 1714-1724 by the Upper Austrian master builder Johann Michael Prunner. It was donated by the Abbot of Lambach, Maximilian Pagl, in gratitude that the area was spared from the plague. The number 3 of the Trinity was consistently implemented. A triangular floor plan, 3 towers, 3 altars, 3 marble portals etc. The paintings of the high altars and of the dome are by three artists: Martino Altomonte, D. Parodi and Carlo Carlone. Of course the church has three organs.
The river and its banks are "renaturalized" here. That pleases the ducks.
At the confluence of the Trau and Ager rivers, small lakes are created in the floodplain landscape.
We continue walking upriver along the Anger and approach the (restaurant) Gasthof Fischerau.
Our fate with inns along the way: We always come when they are closed. Not even the cattle has paid us a glance.
So we keep on walking, and on and on, always following the river.
The meaning of this little table for pilgrims was not quite clear to us.
Around midday Schwanenstadt is reached.
That's how it looks in church today. The altars are neo-Gothic.
St. John Nepomuk in the church (picture left) and his colleague in the town hall (picture below)
There you can get a stamp for the pilgrim pass at the information desk on the ground floor.
The Way of St. James leads out of the city through this gate.
After Schwanenstadt, the pilgrims' path leads past the cemetery and should then, according to the guide, turn diagonally right to Reinprechting. But there is now a new bypass road, which you cross on a bridge and after that there is a St. James' Way glue on the left side of the road. I usually interpret this as going straight ahead. In this case it is wrong. The way to Reinprechting goes to the right. In the picture the houses of Reinprechting.
Footbridge over the Dürre Ager
We pass a house in need of renovation ...
... and an interesting gate.
Rest area with wayside cross
Chapel in Redlham
On the way to Attnang Puchheim we climb a hill that leads into the city.
From Attnang Puchheim it is only 5 km to Vöcklabruck.
In the Motherhouse of the Franciscan Sisters in Vöcklabruck we were warmly welcomed.
After checking in we explored the old town of Vöcklabruck.
IIn this almost luxurious pilgrim's room we spent a pleasant, restful night.